Sunday 19 April 2009

A Chair Inside and Out





When walking past a shop the other day I saw this Tom Dixon chair in the window. It's a modern take on a classic wing back chair. I looked it up on his web site when I got home and saw these photos. I really like the way it shows everything inside the chair as well as out. It shows the quality of the chair and gives a hand crafted feel even if it was made in a factory somewhere. The art direction of the images is really good, a room painted completely white with blocks of colour on the walls and floors puts a modern spin on what is and old room much like the chair does. I also like the way parts of the frame of the chair are painted the same colour as the background so it highlights curtain parts of the frame in a different way to just taking a close up. Interesting ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment